Monday, February 19, 2007

Gila Bend Red Hats


A funny thing happened when we went to the RV2WAYSAT Rally. Terry registered us online. In the space that asked for volunteers, he volunteered me for the Red Hat Luncheon. The next day he told me. I said, “ Sure, I’ll help.”

We arrived at Augies Quail Trail Campground in Gila Bend. The registration committee had no record of our registration and didn’t have nametags for us but had two papers that said that I was the chairman of the committee. It wasn’t difficult to be the leader since the hostess of the rally had already planned for us to be at the Little Italy restaurant. We joined three local women at the event.

A woman from the Gila Sun came and took our picture for the newspaper. Send 1$ to the Gila Sun, P.O. Box Z, Gila Bend, AZ 85337 for their picture and story. If you want to contact the newspaper for a copy of the picture, their email is Gilasun@earthlink.net.

Terry also volunteered me to participate in the chili cook-off but this time he asked me first. I decided that it would be just as easy to fix chili as to bring something else to the potluck dinner. I used ground moose for the meat base. Guess what? Out of thirteen contestants, my chili placed second place.

No comments: