Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Happy Birthday to me




Pictured is the darling little teapot that sits on a teacup, which is my birthday present from Raymond and Teresita.

This morning, I sit in my pajamas to eat the dark chocolate cake with fresh raspberries, which is breakfast on my birthday. Last night we dined out. (We eat out when we go to a fast food restaurant but dine out when it is more elegant.) It was elegant. The pale pink cloth napkins blended with the striped cloth tablecloth. The white embossed china was laid on top of gold plates. We dined on salmon almandine with wild rice and a medley of vegetables. It was as delicious as it sounds. (There is a rumor that the chef not only caught the salmon but also filleted it.) Desert was the rich chocolate cake. The staff sang “Happy Birthday” to me. The chef gave me a hug.

If you want to dine at this elegant place, forget it. It is for private Miller parties only. Our daughter-in-law, Teresita, made the elegant dinner for us.

Now our problem is what are we going to do to honor Teresita?

No comments: