Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Walk Through Bethlehem (part 2)





































I smelled frank incense and myurr and other spices. A little girl gave me a basket. I saw a potter working her wheel and a grandmother, mother and child making bread. There were goats and donkeys in one booth. A strolling centurian stopped and spoke pleasantly with me. I saw a brick maker and another booth selling fruit.

The inn was closed because there wasn’t any room in it but the inn keeper said that there was a baby outside if I wanted to see it. The shock of black hair on the child made it look as though it was a doll, wrapped up to keep it warm. On further inspection, I saw the beautiful face of a child about a week old.

We could see our car from where we were so we returned home to our RV amazed by what we had just felt, smelled, tasted, heard and seen.

1 comment:

Jerry and Suzy said...

What a lovely Christmas experience! Although the "sets" looked kind of hokey, the original "set" was just a stable, and the actors then were all amateurs. So you had a fine time. Thanks for sharing!