Monday, May 21, 2012

My Birthday Party



If you count the sheriff, I had 30 friends and family who came to my open house birthday party but I forgot to ask the sheriff if he wanted a piece of cake or pop. He came because my sister locked her keys in her car. (They still help with things like that in rural Iowa.) He brought the tools and several family members helped but it was Mark who got it open.







My dad was the oldest person to attend. He commented, “Not too many people get to go to their child’s 70th birthday.” Family resembled each other. You could see that my son looks so much like his grandfather. My daughter and her children and grandson have similar eyes. 




The person who was the most photogenic though was my great grandson, Carter.  He is sooo cute and was so happy. Everyone wanted to hold him.




  
Thanks to the people who attended the party, gave food, cards and gifts.  Thanks also to the people who sent cards, gifts, and emails. Thanks to Terry who worked so hard on the yard and supported me to get the party together to make this birthday such a happy one.   

No comments: