Sunday, June 24, 2007

Birthday Tea




My sisters, Clara Klein, Angie Rheuport, Joy Block, and I have birthday # 65, 62, 60 and 50 years old this spring and summer. Since I have been Rving, I have not given a party for more than a few people. I missed it. My daughter, Karol, agreed to let me use her house for a birthday tea. Unfortunately, my sister, Clara, had already left in her RV for a trip to Alaska. Pictured l to r is Angie, myself and Joy. I invited my mother, sisters, sister-in-laws, nieces, grand nieces, daughter, daughter-in-laws, granddaughters, and great granddaughters. Joan Pomeroy, who is an RV friend visiting Pella, took photos of us.

Twenty-two women and girls wore hats to the tea on June 16. The preteen girls were also given necklaces, gloves, and hats to wear. Their dolls even had hats and tea sets. The tables were decorated with tablecloths, flowered napkins, lace placemats, clear glass dishes and real flowers. Guests enjoyed a variety of flavored teas or iced tea. A silver tray held assorted cookies. Trays held cucumber, ham and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

I enjoyed the party and I hope that I have made another memory.

No comments: