Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Our Christmas Tree


Although we will be saying hello to our parents in Mesa, AZ and our friends in Emerald Cove Campground on the CA side of the Colorado River, and will stay with our Boomer friends in Quartzsite, AZ.; it is hard to say good-bye to friends we have known for nine years here in Texas. My plans include singing in the choir at the Emerald Cove Campground at Christmas and selling my book at the Readers Oasis Book Store in Quartzsite during the last two weeks of January.


We found our little two-foot Christmas tree in the basement storage of our RV but couldn’t find the little ornaments. I got these pewter Longaberger baskets this summer from my friend, Michele who lives near Eagle River, Alaska and felt that the little Longaberger basket that holds my books on my bed-stand, belonged under the tree. My granddaughter, Amanda, gave the Precious Moments snowman and girl to me after our trip to their headquarters in Carthage, Missouri. I bought a string of lights, a package of teardrop ornaments, and a star. The star reminds us of the star of Bethlehem and the reason for the Christmas season-the birth of the Christ child. May you have a blessed holiday season with friends and family.

1 comment:

Jerry and Suzy said...

Merry Christmas to you too! Would love to hear you sing in the choir, maybe you'll sing for us when you get to St. David and Benson! Looking forward to it.