Monday, February 02, 2009

Author’s Fair in Quartzsite







For fourteen days, I have been selling my books, RV Chuckles and Chuckholes- The Confessions of Happy Campers and More RV Chuckles and Chuckholes- More Confessions of Happy Campers at the Author’s Fair held at the Readers Oasis Books in Quartzsite, Arizona. (I took Sundays off.)

I wore a different hat each day to prevent sun damage to my hair and so I didn’t have to be concerned with “bad hair days”. I was wearing a colonial bonnet with ostrich feathers on the day that I called Bob Hamilton about an interview. He said to come at 3PM so I did- pink/purple hat and all. I thought it was a radio interview and who looks at you on the radio? Guess what? It is a video interview! You can view this interview on the front page of http://rvdream.com/orhttp://nrs.blogtronix.net/rvdreamradio

Lynn Benjamin, editor of Penwheels, sold her book; Jacob’s Tails. . .(Back-to-the-Land) but I didn’t get a picture of her. There was a picture of Lynn and me along with four other authors in the “Desert Messenger”, which was captioned “note-the authors wear clothes.” That is because the owner of Reader’s Oasis, Paul Winer, doesn’t wear clothes.

This picture is of Paul talking to authors (L to R) Debbie Hilbish, who wrote a poetry book called Bits and Pieces; Frever Fields, who wrote children’s books called Frumpy Mc Doogle and the Boy who made a Poem and Frumpy Mc Doogle and the Legend of the Ruby Toad and Joe Gerard who wrote WWII stories called Flight from Tokura and Out of Focus. My friends, Alice Zyetz and Jaimie Hall Bruznak, also sold their books; Support Your RV Lifestyle, RV Traveling Tales and You Shoulda Listened to Your Mother at the Reader’s Oasis.

I not only sold books but also had fun talking to the other authors. Frever quoted poems, Debbie read poetry, Joe told yarns and I told stories, which made everyone laugh.

1 comment:

Jaimie Hall-Bruzenak said...

We enjoyed sharing the Authors' Fair booth with you, Darlene. Good interview with RV Dream Radio's Bob Hamilton. I like that hat!

Jaimie (and Alice)