Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hoven Work Day














































The sky was dark and the forecast was rain on Tuesday, May 26, when we went to my Mom and Dad Hoven's house for a workday. They had a roof over a porch or patio area that leaked. My husband, brothers, brothers-in-law, a nephew and my niece climbed the roof to tear it up and rebuild it with 2 x 4's, OSB board, and rolled roofing. My sisters and I cleaned indoors and prepared sloppy joes, baked beans, potato salad and fruit salad for lunch. Clara also brought a rhubarb cake and I brought my leftover Birthday Cake. The repair work was finished five minutes before a cloudburst of rain fell on us.

1 comment:

Jerry and Suzy said...

A real family project takes a little work, a lot of coordination, and brings a lot of fun to all involved, besides being a neat gift the parents!
Good for you!