Saturday, May 16, 2009

Pella Tulip Time- part three





































I was putting up my blog when a storm hit Iowa yesterday. The internet was slow and interrupted often. I erased part of the writing and sent it out without finishing it. Here is the last part of the Tulip Time blog.

Dutch food is for sale including chocolates, sausages, cheese and vegetables.

The youngest child dressed in a Dutch costume, who is three weeks old, was carried by her father. Even Sinter Klaus came to see the children. Dutch shoes called “klompen” come in all sizes and some even hold small children.

There are thousands of tulips in bloom in Pella. When I looked at my pictures, I found that I had not taken a single picture of the flowers.

1 comment:

Jerry and Suzy said...

We are amazed at how well we can read Dutch! Klompen are obviously clomping shoes, Wursties are sausages, Chocolaaties speak for themselves.

Thanks for showing us some fine example of a Dutch community!