Saturday, February 06, 2010

Gum Gallery






































When my friend Debbie invited me to visit her mother’s gum museum, I didn’t know what to expect. What I saw was rows and rows of glass cases filled with gum. In fact, Joanne Brunet, the owner of the museum, said that there are 110 glass cases. I took a deep breath and smelled the gum filled room. It reminded me of my childhood. It’s a fun filled history. Joanne has gum from before I was born to the 21st century. There are gum cards, bubble gum, gum -ball machines, and so much more. I saw gum from over 30 countries. She even has the word for gum in many languages.

If you are traveling to another country or see old gum for sale, call Joanne Brunet at 928-927-7566. She would love to add to her collection. If you are traveling to the south western part of Arizona, she’d love to show you her museum in Quartzsite. But please call her first.

No comments: