Tuesday, June 22, 2010

More Book Signing








Evan Swensen, who is a distributor for my books, took the photos in Costco on Dimond St. There were as many as ten authors at the store at one time. The tables were set up in a huge U shape with the authors sitting in the middle of the U. It was very interesting to meet the Alaskan authors who wrote children’s stories such as “Alaskan Animals, We Love You” historical books such as “The Buffalo Soldiers,” personal experiences such as “Why Alaska” and novels such as “the Fraternity.” The youngest author was 10-year-old Sam Allred who wrote about his experiences with his kidney disease called IgM Nephropathy in a book called “Opening Hearts.”

La Von told me about going to an RV park and selling books there. I asked Evan about it. He called the Golden Nugget RV Park who were having a soup supper with music afterward that evening. They wanted me to give them some jokes and anecdotes and set up a table so I could sell my books after that. I said, “Yes”.

Instead of going back to Eagle River after the Costco, I headed for the RV Park. The people were very welcoming. A teenager took the photos of me. The “talk” went well and I sold a lot of books.

1 comment:

Laura said...

You look so cute signing your books...hope you sold a lot....
I am reading Sarah Palin's book and I must admit I just love her...what a gal....
Laura