Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My Busy Summer in Iowa















































I have been asked why I didn’t put photos and blogs on the Internet this summer. I was in Iowa while Terry was in Alaska for July, August and half of September. My busy summer in Iowa included many activities that didn’t get photographed. When I had photos, I needed Terry to put them on his computer, and then put them on my hard drive in order to for me to put them on the blog.

Starting from the top of the blog, here are the photos. The little boys who are spitting watermelon seeds are at Fifield Shelter House near Pella, Iowa for the Hoven Reunion.

Grandson, Nathan Klein, blew huge bubbles when he stayed overnight with me.

Grandson, Jake Klein, had never been to Iowa. He came from Texas and stayed three weeks with me. We are pictured on the church steps where my nephew, Travis Hoven, married Samantha. Jake visited the historical village and windmill where his Great, great, great grandfather was a founding father of Pella. We had lunch at Applebee’s in Pella with two other grandsons, Matthew and Joshua Klein. I took Jake, Emily and Nathan to the Balloon Festival in Indianola. At the Klein Reunion, Jake met many of his cousins and Great grandmother, Carol Klein.

After Jake returned to Texas, I went to my father’s 90th Birthday Party, niece Megan’s baby shower and visited with some of the girl classmates of 1960. Since I attended Pella Christian High for three years and graduated from Pella community high school, I was invited to both 50-year class reunions. It was a great time to visit with class members and renew old acquaintances.

1 comment:

Jerry and Suzy said...

Good pictures. But don't you have capacity to download digital photos onto your own computer? Picasa is a great tool, and it's free. Anyone can get it and use it and get excelent results. Then you could do your own photos rather than having to rely on a third party system!

Lots of good family time --YAY!