Thursday, January 26, 2012

Quartzsite, AZ


















Terry and I parked at Boomerville along with 130 other campers who were boondocking in the desert about six miles from Quartzsite, AZ. I’ll write more about Boomerville in the next blog since I have too many photos to include it with this blog.

I sold my “RV Chuckles. . .” and “More RV Chuckles. . .” books at the Author’s Fair at Paul’s Reader’s Oasis Bookstore. He was most gracious to the two to twelve authors who showed up to sell their books.

Paul Winer, the man in the stocking hat but no pants, is the owner. Paul prefers to wear no clothes but the mornings were too chilly. However he dressed in a tux, and then changed into a three-piece suit, jeans, vests, shirts and jackets on stage as he joked and sang at his sold out family style QIA concerts. Did I mention that he plays the piano? The keys bounced as he played the ragtime, boogie-woogie blues. Jaimie and I had a great time at the two and a half hour concert.

Terry and I also went to the "Big Tent" where we saw everything that you would want in an RV and some things like a twenty pan set that you would never fit into a RV kitchen.

Of course, a visit to Quartzsite isn’t complete without going to Celia’s Gardens. It has nature paths, and many cacti and semi-precious stones in a park that began as a tribute to Paul and Joanne Winer’s eight and a half year old daughter Celia but is now a quiet peaceful garden where many people have memorialized their friends and relatives.

Aren’t the sunsets spectacular in the desert? I love them.

No comments: