Sunday, February 26, 2012

Mardi Gras in Quartzsite























Who is the masked person at the Art Show- Mardi Gras Masquerade in Quartzsite, AZ.? It was I. As an author, I was invited to sell my RV Chuckles books at the event on Saturday, February 25.

There were three sections to the costume contest, 1. Jesters, 2. Authors and Artists 3. The public. The photo of Luse and Daniel who are Indians or Native Americans doesn’t show their beautiful moccasins. I asked ten -year -old Aria if she was Cinderella. She answered, “ I’m usually Aurora but you can call me Cinderella because I’m always losing my shoes.”

Aria’s mother, Angela and father, Aaron were entertainers who played the guitar and sang. I even sang for my supper. The song was “This Land is My Land”. The food was fresh vegetables and dip, cookies, and cheese and crackers with gallons of ice-cold lemonade.

My friend, Paul Winer, also played Boogie Woogie on the piano as part of the entertainment.

The weather was hot so I didn’t wear my velvet cloak for very long. Debbie, who is both a poet and an artist, drank a lot of water. Several of my author friends were also present.

Several displays of art were excellent but my favorites were the leopard and polar bears painted by Elizabeth Lauder. She kindly gave me permission to photograph her with her art. You can see these paintings on stone at her studio in Prospectors Panorama on Kuehn Rd. in Quartzsite.

No comments: