Sunday, March 13, 2011

Friendship Garden of Flowers Tea



















My RV was filled with tulips in preparation for the 6th annual tea in our campground but Terry gave the 24 roses to me for our 24th anniversary.

This year, Opal Jones, Marla Marrs, and myself were the committee for the Friendship Garden of Flowers Tea. Since we are all members of the River of Life Church at the Cove and members of the Purple Ladies of the River, we used both groups to assist us.

The appliquéd tulip was my contribution to the quit that Marla made as the grand prize. The program had two singers and myself who gave a short speech on snowbirds. Terry took the photos of the beautiful tea tables, groups of ladies and the other photos you see here. I’m sorry but I can’t include all the photos but there were just too many of them.

I really felt like a lady and loved the beautiful afternoon. I even enjoyed it that the men served us and assisted in setup and the take down.

1 comment:

Milstead said...

Hello. I happened upon your blog via the blog of Jerry & Suzy via the blog of Nick Russell. You wrote about Frank & Opal and I was wondering if you would ask Frank if he knew a gentleman by the name of Robert Bollard. Frank's WWII story sounds very similar to one told to us by our friend Robert Bollard (died Jan. 2010 at the age of 87), who was from Dodge City, Iowa. My husband and I hope to begin RVing within the next year and we'd love to meet up with Frank if he knew Mr. Bollard.