Sunday, March 27, 2011






Saturday was one of those book signings that you dream about. Pete, a manager at Hastings, placed a funny sign was on the table in the front entrance of the bookstore. At Pete’s suggestion, I took a copy of my latest RV book to the newspaper in Lake Havasu City. They published the photo of me that is on the cover plus the front of the “More RV Chuckles and Chuckholes – More Confessions of Happy Campers” book along with these words,


“Author shares the highs, lows of life on the road in an RV


STAFF REPORT


Darlene Miller, author of “More RV Chuckles and Chuckholes – More Confessions of Happy Campers ”, will be at Hastings 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Saturday to autograph copies of her book. With 14 years of full-time RVing with her husband, Terry, Miller has plenty of experiences to draw for her book. The couple has traversed the U.S. And Canada, and made several trips to Alaska. A retired nurse, this is her second self-published volume. In Chapter One, she explains the book’s title, “The chuckles are the fun things we do and the chuckholes are the anecdotes that are not funny until later when you relate them to other RVers.”


As a result of this article people came into the store to see me. At one point, they even stood in line to talk to me. One woman was interested in buying books wholesale to put in her gift shop in a campground in Idaho. A gentleman wanted the ISBN numbers to order my books on the Internet. Another wanted to purchase the book on Kindle. I spoke to many RVers and autographed and sold many books.


I got a notice that I am asked to write more children stories for the Radiant Native Health, which is a publication for the native Indians in British Columbia that is used by the missionaries. It will also be broadcast on the radio. I will write children's stories on various assigned health subjects.


More RV Chuckles and Chuckholes became an eBook last week. See my eBook at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004S87PNK. I would love for you to write a comment on the book.

3 comments:

Jerry and Suzy said...

Good to catch up with you once in a while, Darlene. Good also to see you still going strong. Will you be writing a third in your Chuckles and Chuckhole series?

Laura said...

Nice pic of you....

Anonymous said...

Darlene, your books are full of so much humor, including the "Chuckholes". This coming Christmas I will be giving copies as gifts to family members around the US. I am looking forward to your next book! Have a great summer.....Joyce