Thursday, July 20, 2006

More Dip Netting


Here is another picture of dip netting at the mouth of the Kenai River. Even though people who are not Alaskans are not allowed to dip net salmon, it is fascinating to watch. I think it is equal to our trip on the Lulu Belle as the highlight of the sights we have seen. The mountain in the background is Mt. Redoubt.

We had friends visit us a few weeks ago. Bruce and Kathy and Robert Johnston came for dinner. We met Kathy and Bruce Johnston at the Boomer's Rally in Quartzsite, at the grocery store in Parker, at the swimming pool in Lake Havasu, at the fireworks in Lake Havasu, at the Elks pre-rally in Yuba City and at the Escapade in Chico. We missed each other in Valdez by one day but then they visited us in Eagle River. Eagle River is the only time that we planned to meet. It is unusual to meet someone so often in one year! They gave me a black velvet cape that I can wear with my early 1800 costume when we go reenacting.

My friend, Dr. Carol Weishampel will be visiting soon. We plan to do some book signing together. See schedule on the media web page of http://www.rovingpen.com/.

Terry and Ruth Hager will arrive in Anchorage at the end of August. I will be going to my parent’s 65th wedding anniversary from August 10 to 24. My husband, Terry and I hope to see Terry and Ruth at the end of August. Terry is a member of the Penwheels and Escapee RV club. I went to grade school with Terry 50 years ago. Can I be that old? Remember that I said we were in elementary school. The teacher’s seated us in alphabetical order so we sat near each other for three and a half years.

No comments: