Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Book signing and Other Fun


Since I wasn’t going on the Yukon trip, I decided to plan fun activities while Terry was gone. I had lunch at a Greek restaurant with Michele. At the mailbox, I met the neighbors, Skip and Darlene, and was invited to tour their new home and eat tacos with them. I met Jeanmarie and Dee at a Thai restaurant where I had an interesting dish with shrimp, rice and bean sprouts and wonderful tea. I bought some of Dees's original jewelry to go with my four new outfits. This picture is of my new outfit at my book signing.

I only had one book signing this year in Alaska so I contacted Publication Consultants to see if they would help with my marketing. The owner, Evan Swensen, ordered six cases of books and said that his publicist, Dawn, would set up book signings for me. This resulted in six book signings for August. Some are in places I never imagined, such as Fred Meyer stores and the BX at the Elmendorf Air Force Base Military Exchange Mall. Since Publication Consultants are my distributors, I can now sell my new RV book at national franchised stores. I had a signing in Borders last Saturday and have a committed signing planned for Barnes and Noble Bookstores on August 23.

Here are two new web sites where you can read about me http://www.publicationconsultants.com/ and http://www.booktour.com/.

No comments: