Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Book signing at Borders Bookstore



Saturday was an awesome day. I met with the writers group at Borders where authors critique each other’s writing. I enjoyed their well-written work and my article about writing & marketing was well received. When I arrived downstairs at 12:45pm, signs were on the door and a table was set up for me with two boxes of cookies for my book signing. After the book signing I went to Costco and dinner. At 7:30, I went to the Alaska University Bookstore for a meeting with Sue Henry who was meeting with a group called “ RVing Women.” Sue spoke for an hour about her 15 books and her middle-aged RV heroine, Maxie. Afterward, I bought her book, Dead North, and had it autographed. I gave her a copy of my new RV book, More RV Chuckles and Chuckholes – More Confessions of Happy Campers. I was delighted when Sue responded that she owned my first RV book, which was given to her as a gift. Just think, an award-winning author who has been on the New York Times list, owns my little books!

3 comments:

Jerry and Suzy said...

Darlene, we have enjoyed some of Sue Henry's books and have just purchased three more, so our Jessie fix and our Maxie jolt are coming up soon. It's fun to recognize some of the place names and sights that she writes about, even though we have only spent a short time in Alaska.

Anonymous said...

What a great author's life you're having in Alaska! And how perfect that Sue Henry has your book as well you having hers. Jaimie and I have known about Sue Henry from her first RV book through her sister-in-law, Maxie Henry, who was an editor with Motorhome.

Small world.
Hugs,
Alice Zyetz
RV Traveling Tales

Laura said...

Darlene, you look wonderful and so happy. Hope you sold a lot of books.
Laura